Still need a holiday gift that’s a little more personal than a box of chocolates, (not counting chocoholics)? Or got some holiday cash to get what you really want? Shop from these twelve best of 2012 TV shows on DVD and share, relive, or catch up with pop culture’s suspense filled to laugh out loud moments from Game of Thrones to Big Bang Theory.
- Game of Thrones: Season Two
- Dexter: Season Six
- American Horror Story
- Parks and Rec: Season Four
- Big Bang Theory: Season Five
- NCIS: Season Nine
- 30 Rock: Season Six
- Criminal Minds: Season Seven
- The League: Season Three
- Two and a Half Men: Season Nine
- Deadliest Catch
Cheers to beating cabin fever and catching some great TV hits!
New nail polish colors….need I say more? Let’s start:
Absolutely gorgeous shimmering metallic colors in homage to the new James Bond movie. As part of the collection OPI is featuring “The Man with the Golden Gun” a top coat with real 18k gold flakes that adds a gold leaf texture to any color.
A great way to add embellishment to your nails, I have similar kits and from experience I can tell you that people will touch your nails!
Sephora by OPI
Glimmering mix of purple, silver, magenta and turquoise top coats to be used on top of any color or on the bare nail.
Sephora by OPI
This amazing set will get you ready the holidays with a mix of Sephora by OPI’s bestsellers, trend shades, and basics.
Lovely and perfect for the holidays a top coat with red and green glitter. This would be perfect to enhance Christmas nail art!
This is such a great value, in this set you get four nail polish colors and four caviar pots, great to mix and match!
So far I’m drooling over the Skyfall collection, I’m powerless, I need to get some of them!
It’s boot season! Whether you’re into classic riding boots or something with a little more edge – there are boots for everyone and looks to suit your personal style.
Here are some of our favorite looks to pair with this seasons hottest boot trends.
Heading back to trendy Yaletown for lunch we stopped for the dinning experience that I was looking forward to the most. My love for oysters and of fresh raw seafood eateries in general is unexplainable. It is hands down my favorite stuff to eat! So when in a coastal city known for its local sea food products I could not wait to get my hands on some sea critters freshly caught that morning. Rodney’s Oyster House was everything an oyster house should be. Small, loud, very casual, with few menu options, and live crustaceans swimming around in a tank. We sat at the bar where ten different types of oysters (mostly local) sat artistically on ice with their labeled names given by discovering fishermen throughout time. I ordered two of each, when I realized my cousin is not an oyster fan, but like any San Franciscan with a true love for oysters, my stomach is always more than well prepared for such an occasion. Here in San Francisco we have mignonette, in Vancouver they have a plethora of vinaigrettes for their oysters that where both delicious and exciting, but left me completely overwhelmed. Like any good server should do, the guys here made sure I tried their oysters the Canadian way. Though I was really impressed by the variety of flavors form so many topping options, I’d rather stick to the way we like to eat our oysters here- a little mignonette with lemon and a dab of Tabasco. To be honest the best way to eat an oyster for true love rather than for dinning opulence is to just eat the little suckers plain. I paired my oysters along with a challenge to our server to make me the perfect Caesar, and OMG!!! This guy, this restaurant, KNOWS how to make one of these National drinks. As I saw him make it in a rushed and insensitive manner, I already knew this was the one I would never forget. After I got my cousin to help me out with the little guys, we ended our meal with a giant bowl of steamed mussels swimming harmoniously as they should be; in a potent smelling white wine, garlic, butter broth that was to die for! Curious about just trying the chowder and their belief it was the best, I could not deny the tasting they offered. I must say (being somewhat of a chowder connoisseur) I have had way better and more east coast authentic chowder here in San Francisco. Nonetheless this place was everything I hoped for. San Francisco oyster lovers, when in Vancouver make sure to check this place out!
Gift the History buff on your list the stuff they want from the History store! From presidential busts to vintage maps, add personality and panache to their collection of memorabilia and grow their library with engaging media. This top ten list features an 1826 giclee map of North America of archival quality to DVDs like America the Story Of Us, sharing the tale of its people, ideas, and events that built this great nation. Shop media and memorabilia celebrating the America from our colonial days to modern day space launches, and give them a piece of a America’s rich history.
- Beyond the Moon: Failure Is Not An Option 2 DVD $14.98
- Space Shuttle Atlantis with Full Stack 1/100 $279.95
- The States DVD Set $9.98
- Wrapped Canvas Expanded North America 1826 Map $199.95
- Young Lincoln Bust $83.96
- Abraham Lincoln Preserving the Union $12.48
- America:The Story of US $19.98
- 1986: Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollar Coin in Goldtone Money Clip Coin Jewelry $49.95
- The People Speak $9.98
- Eyes on the Prize $ 19.98
Celebrate the foodies on your list with the gift of tools, books, DVDs etc. that will pique their curiosity in all things food related, inspire them to try new eats and make their own delicious creations, too!
- Master Chef: The Ultimate Cookbook $26.99 foxshop.com
- Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations – Sicily and Las Vegas DVD $9.97 store.discovery.com
- Food, Inc. Blu-ray $22.98 shop.history.com
- Best Food Ever DVD $14.95 Store.discovery.com
- Highway Hangouts: Eat and Run DVD $23.99 shop.history.com
- Kitchen Boss Family Recipes Collection DVD $19.95 store.discovery.com
- The Gardener’s A-Z Guide to Growing Organic Food Book $22.95 store.discovery.com
- DC Cupcakes Fan Pack $49.99 store.discovery.com
- How Stuff Works Food and Beverage DVD $14.95 store.discovery.com
- Sugar Baby: Confections, Candies, Cakes and Other Delicious Recipes for Cooking with Sugar $29.95 store. discovery.com
In addition to the books and inspiring movies and television shows, give them the tools and the skills so they can strut their stuff in the kitchen.
- Modern Marvels Canning $24.95 shoptheshows.com
- Food Dehydrator $39.98 shoptheshows.com
- Top Chef Silicone Mitt $15.95 shoptheshows.com
- Grill Daddy Heat Shield Tongs $29.95 shoptheshows.com
- Season Cooking 101: Home for the Holidays $99 per class foxshop.com
- Top Chef Jacket [Personalized] $124.95 shoptheshows.com
- Culinary 101: Basic Cooking Techniques $99 per class foxshop.com
- MasterChef Academy US Mobile App $0.99 foxshop.com
- Culinary 101: Knife Skills $99 per class foxshop.com
- Top Chef Hostess Set $59.95 shoptheshows.com
Each person has their own weakness, some people can’t have enough shoes, books, bags, nail polish, pets, you name it. This post is for the make-up artist in your Christmas list, the one who can’t have enough eyeshadow colors.
The Vice Palette
This palette contains 20 eyeshadow colors, it contains a few matte and neutral colors, but the majority have shimmer or glitter. This palette would be appropriate for someone who loves to sparkle.
Sephora + Pantone Universe
This one contains 35 colors with a wide range of colors from soft neutrals to darker colors meant for impact!
Inspired by Pantone’s 2013 Plus Series Metallic Book, this season is all about the rich gleam of rose gold, the chilled shine of silver, and the fiery glow of bronze.
A 20-piece eyeshadow palette that will be something fun and different for Princesses of all ages. Since the colors are made to represent the Cinderella story, this collection has many hues of blue, gold and pearl plus a few darker colors.
Begin a journey with this dazzling collection of fairy tale-inspired shadows.
Color Daze Blockbuster
This one contains 148 different items in the palette, including 64 waterproof eye shadow, 48 lip gloss, 3 blush, and many more products for eyes, lips and cheeks. This palette has a little bit of everything!
Mascaras will make eyeshadows pop even more and here is a great collection, I bought a similar one two seasons ago, and I just finished with the last mascara on the collection…time to get it again! This collection offers 8 sample and 2 full size mascaras from Lancome, Clinique, Buxom, Tarte, Sephora as well as false eyelashes and glue. Very hard to resist!
All the palettes in this post range from a retail price of $45 to $60…and one can never have too many eyeshadows!
True Blood junkie? Sci-Fi wonk? Give a gift with a personal touch with these ideas inspired by pop culture, from silly to sporty. Under 50 smackaroos, there’s a great gift for everyone on your list that won’t break the bank.
- True Blood 2013 Calendar $13.99 shoptheshows.com
- True Blood Sookie Stackhouse Box Set by Charlaine Harris $39.99 shoptheshows.com
- Knicks Hoodie $ 38.97 shoptheshows.com
- Knicks Head and Wristband Set $14.95 shoptheshows.com
- Christmas Story Mug $12.95 shoptcm.com
- Christmas Story Movie Special Edition $26.98 shoptheshows.com
- Christmas Story Board Game $25.95 shoptcm.com
- Best of Sherlock Holmes Collection DVD $11.98 shoptheshows.com
- Windsor Castle: A Royal Year DVD $26.99 shoptcm.com
- Pride and Prejudice DVD Set (Swing Amaray Edition) $39.95 shop.history.com
- Live long and prosper T-shirt $24.95 cbsstore.com
- Star Trek Enterprise Stainless Steel Water Bottle $24.95 shop.startrek.com
- Rubik’s Coasters Set of 6 $22.95 shoptheshows.com
- Rubik’s Cube USB Speaker $29.95 cbsstore.com
- Storage Wars Texas Season 1 DVD Set $19.95 shop.history.com
- Storage Wars BW The Collector Motorcycle T-Shirt $26.95 shop.history.com
Truly Vampirific? Get them the True Blood 2013 calendar and start their year off on a fangtastic high. And to match the set, add True Blood books to keep them stocked with this set of eight novels including HBO tie-ins to Sookie Stackhouse’s story. If Bon Temps isn’t their thing, there’s always drama in Madison Square Garden thanks to the Knicks and their high-flying stars. Knicks fans will love suiting up in this updated classic hoodie with contrast piping and sporting accessories like head and wrist sweat bands. Or get a trio of Christmas Story gifts. The old man would be proud to sip out of this Christmas Story mug with special leg handle. The whole family can also get into the fun with the Christmas Story party game, ’cause fans know it by heart! And while you’re at it put on the Special Edition of Christmas Story, featuring interviews, trivia, and trailers.
The perfect set of gifts for Anglophiles feature Sherlock Holmes, Windsor Castle, and Jane Austen. Gift them these excellent bets: The Best of Sherlock films starring Basil Rathbone in this critically acclaimed series; the yearlong documentary of Windsor castle filmed by the BBC follows the royal family comings and goings; and finally the television adaptation of Austen’s Pride and Prejudice starring Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle remains a fan favorite.
For the sci-fi wonk, the Star Trek faithful will appreciate a daily reminder to Live Long and Prosper and the ability to stay hydrated in any star system. And the similarly geek chic, gift them Rubik’s cube coasters or USB Speaker to add that retro flair of science + coolness.
Finally the high stakes bidding of Storage Wars. Doesn’t everyone love treasure hunting? Season One set in Texas encourages big bidding, ya’ll. To complete this gift, be sure to get the T-shirt featuring everyone’s favorite bidder and motorcycle collector, Barry.