Survey Reveals Secrets About Women And Bathing Suits
A new survey from FITNESS magazine reveals that women are bringing body issues with them to the beach. 80% of women polled for the magazine’s swimsuit survey say they feel other women are judging them when they wear a bathing suit and 48% say they’d only feel confident flaunting a bikini after losing more than 20 pounds.
FITNESS magazine polled women ages 18 and over to get the scoop on how they really feel about swimsuit season, what celebrity body they are dying to have and what they would give up to have a swimsuit model’s body. The results appear in the June 2011 issue, on stands May 17th.
An excerpt from the FITNESS Swimsuit Survey results:
Hollywood’s Best Beach Bods
- Jennifer Aniston—37%
- Jennifer Lopez—27%
- Cameron Diaz—11%
Other Women, The #1 Beach Nightmare
- 89% of women rated other women as the toughest swimsuit critics on the beach
- 60% of women admitted feeling less in shape compared to other women on the beach
- 53% of women say seeing a woman with a perfect body on the beach raises negative feelings of envy and insecurity
- 32% of women surveyed named their boyfriend/husband as the person they trust most to give an honest opinion on how they look in their swimsuit.
- 86% of women feel sexier wearing lingerie than a bikini
- 65% of women say finding the perfect swimsuit is harder than finding the perfect jeans
- 48% say they’d need to lose 20 or more pounds before they’d feel confident in a bikini
- 40% of women say their favorite body part to flaunt at the beach is their cleavage
“The survey results shed light on the complicated relationship women have with their bodies and how much time is spent worrying about what other women think…It is so important to make sure women are empowered to embrace their imperfections and celebrate their bodies-no matter what shape or size.” says Betty Wong, Editor-in-Chief of FITNESS.