Posts tagged 30 Day Challenge
Day Two of my 30 Day Lifestyle Blogging Challenge is about my favorite colors. Those of you who know me well know I have a ton of muted solids in my wardrobe – and hardly anything else. My closet wasn’t always stacked this way. Over the past few years I’ve refined my wardrobe in hopes of pulling off a more mature, professional look, and that’s where use of solids and subtle prints came into play. Right now I’m all about neutrals, and shades of green. Here is a palette that works well for me. The colors complement my fair/olive skin, green eyes and dirty blonde hair. Bonus: these colors are on trend through 2012!
Of course, I like Black Coffee the most. I think I could live in all black every day of my life and just accessories with bright, stand-out pieces. Tyler (my husband) doesn’t understand why I wear so much black, or why I have so many LBD’s. I don’t have a good answer – I just think black looks chic and clean (until it fades and becomes trashy).
Day One of the 30 Day Lifestyle Blogging Challenge is about the eCom stores I shop regularly. For the record, I try a ton of new eCom stores all the time. I do AT LEAST 80% of my shopping online – I buy just about everything this way, aside from groceries.
Here are the 10 places I spend most of my money:
Why I love these stores:
- J.Crew always has great seasonal staples in awesome colors.
- Urban Outfitters inventory team buys everything in EXCESS – so nearly everything that comes through this store gets heavily discounted. I ONLY look at their sale section.
- Amazon is an obvious one. I just found out that they sell my favorite moisturizer.
- ideeli is the best flash sale site around.
- Running Warehouse ships everything 2-day, and has great deals on everything for working out; not just running.
- RueLaLa is the second best flash sale site around.
- Beauty.com is the best place to buy everything for your skin. They share a shopping cart with Drugstore.com allowing you to really fill the cart!
- Madewell is a great store for trendy pieces. But if I buy too much there I’ll look just like Kristyn (Madewell is her obsession).
- ASOS has the best product pages ever, it’s hard not to buy everything they sell!
- Sephora is my favorite place to replenish makeup and perfumes.
I’m stealing this 30 Day Challenge idea from one of my favorite Beauty Bloggers, Mira Torres of The Beauty Bohemian. I Hope you enjoy learning about me!
If you also blog, I encourage you to join in on this challenge too! Please leave links to your site in the comments if you start the challenge so that I can read it.
Topics By Day:
- 10 eCommerce stores I shop most often
- My favorite color combinations
- What’s in my purse
- The meaning behind the name “Style Bust”
- Items on my wish list
- Greatest accomplishment today
- Favorite band of the moment
- A picture taken of me today
- Weekly rituals
- A book I love
- A photo of something I ate today
- My celebrity crush(es)
- Something I don’t leave the apartment without
- Today I donated the following garments
- What I decided to do with my free time today
- Top 3 SF fashion designers
- Today’s playlist
- A habit I wish I didn’t have
- My guilty pleasures
- Things I’d rather be doing right now
- A fashion trend I miss
- 3 of my favorite people to follow on Twitter
- A picture of my living room
- Top 5 cities I’d like to visit
- Today I saw
- Bulleted list of my entire day
- Top 3 TV shows
- What I wore today
- DIYs I want to try
- 3 things that have happened in the last 30 days