Posts tagged Spring 2012 trends
Headbands have never verged too far from the fashion scene, but this Spring, headbands are making a comeback in a sophisticated way – as both statement pieces and barely-there hair accessories.
For someone (like myself) who tends to dress fairly basic on a daily basis, a headband might be the perfect accessory to add some personality to those everyday basics.
Headbands on the Spring runways
Clements Ribeiro, Luca Luca & Louis Vuitton
Headbands on the Red Carpet
Michelle Williams, Alexa Chung & Olivia Wilde
This Spring you’ll be sure to find a headband that suits your style. I checked out Etsy for some headband inspiration – here are a few of my favorite headband styles for Spring 2012:
1. Jersey stretch headbands (twist in the middle for a trendy turban inspired headband) – for a low key / downtown chic look.
2. Ultra thin vintage headbands in a neutral tone – when you want just a touch of glam.
3. Slim headbands that lay flat against the head (anything chunky might be a little overpowering) – very retro looking and perfect for pixie cuts.
4. Statement headbands – fun and festive, but probably not for everyday.
Having enjoyed a little sunshine over the weekend, I’m feeling quite inspired to lighten-up my look and dive into some of my favorite Springtime colors and styles.
1. Add a twist to your basic earrings with these faceted studs from Wolf & Badger.
2. Pair slim leg denim in a dusty hue with a classic v-neck for a casual look. Or wear with a silk blouse and heels for a dressed up evening look.
3. Try a lipstain in a berry color this Spring like Tarte Lipsurgence – berry hues look great on all skin types.
4. Nothing says Spring more than a great pair of sunglasses. Round shades in a pale color are the perfect accessory for Spring.
5. Zara’s leather shopper – a great bag for those lazy days at the park but chic enough to carry to the office.
6. Falling in Love Summer – the perfect scent to get you ready for those warmer days.
7. Classic gold jewelry creates a minimal but on-trend look, especially when paired with pastels.
8. Lace-up ankle boots in muted leather are very versatile for Spring. Pair with pastel skinny denim or a floral frock.
As we all know, Spring weather can be unpredictable – which makes getting dressed in the morning a little tricky. But there is a trend that I’m seeing a lot of this Spring that seems to make sense (if you aren’t planning on rushing from place to place). Jackets draped over the shoulders – perfect for those days when you’re not in need of complete warmth of a jacket, but want one with for later.
I love this look – classic and polished, yet cool and nonchalant. This season we’re seeing all sorts of jackets draped over the shoulders; leather biker jackets, pea coats and blazers paired with skinny denim, tuxedo pants and even shorts. Think of it as a trendy version of something great aunt Eleanore might wear. And for those of you who love layering – this is the perfect way to add another layer of dimension to your outfit.
Yes, this trend looks cool – but it can be a little fussy (there’s an awkward balancing act that goes on with your shoulders). Try out this trend while strolling around town, and be sure to carry a clutch or top handle bag – a bag with a long strap will just get in the way.
*Photos via Street Peeper
Although most of us are just starting to see true signs of winter, fashion magazines have us thinking about what we’ll be wearing this Spring.
As we all know – women are not created equal. Some are blessed with sexy curves and some are equally blessed to have no curves. Whichever shape or size you are – I can guarantee that there is something in store for you this Spring.
What to wear: V-neck tops or dresses, pencil skirts, wide leg trousers, waist length tops, peep toe heels. Wear a structured pencil skirt to really show off those curves – for Spring try mixing leather with your work-wear.
What to wear: Gathered waist tops or dresses, pleating, slim leg pants, strappy shoes. Wear dresses or tops in a chiffon material to add the illusion of curves. Try a fun tribal print wrap dress this Spring.
What to wear: Flat front trousers, wrap dresses, belting at the waist, knee high boots. Wear jersey-like wrap dresses in large prints – especially in a floral print for Spring.
What to wear: Flat front tailored skirts or pants, defined waistlines, slim fitting jackets, peep toe heels or wedges. Wear structured pieces in solid colors. For Spring try your hand at color blocking!
As the Holiday season approaches us at lightning speed, so do all of our long awaited Holiday festivities. Whether you’re plans entail going to an office party or dinner with the family – how about this year, ditch your favorite LBD and incorporate some of Spring 2012’s favorite looks into your Holiday party-wear.
The minimal, monochromatic look was seen at Calvin Klein Spring 2012 – wear white this winter for a sexy and bold look. Ladylike sophistication and playful colors were seen at Rochas – wear a 1950’s style dress this Holiday season for a little bit of old-world glam.Sharp and classic looks were seen at Jason Wu – pair the boyish trend with elegant and ladylike accessories.Dropped waist, 1920’s style dresses were seen at Etro – try a flapper style dress this season for a little glitz and glam.