Posts tagged Gifts 2012
Gift the History buff on your list the stuff they want from the History store! From presidential busts to vintage maps, add personality and panache to their collection of memorabilia and grow their library with engaging media. This top ten list features an 1826 giclee map of North America of archival quality to DVDs like America the Story Of Us, sharing the tale of its people, ideas, and events that built this great nation. Shop media and memorabilia celebrating the America from our colonial days to modern day space launches, and give them a piece of a America’s rich history.
- Beyond the Moon: Failure Is Not An Option 2 DVD $14.98
- Space Shuttle Atlantis with Full Stack 1/100 $279.95
- The States DVD Set $9.98
- Wrapped Canvas Expanded North America 1826 Map $199.95
- Young Lincoln Bust $83.96
- Abraham Lincoln Preserving the Union $12.48
- America:The Story of US $19.98
- 1986: Statue of Liberty Commemorative Half Dollar Coin in Goldtone Money Clip Coin Jewelry $49.95
- The People Speak $9.98
- Eyes on the Prize $ 19.98
- Start the little one on your list early! This Big Bang Theory Bazinga Snap Suit complements his/her budding genius and invites compliments for saucy and smart style!
- When cold, the Dexter Heat Sensitive Mug stays incognito in black. When the heat of the cup rises, the cup changes to white with a telltale crimson blood splatter. Dexter die-hards will love it.
- The UFC New Era Open Season Plaid Hat makes a nod to fashion in red plaid hat with raised white logo. Turn heads to and from the gym.
- Pop culture and fashion icon Annie Hall, is a must have film for the guy or gal on your list who appreciates Diane Keaton, Woody Allen, NY in the 70s and/or romantic comedies. Nuff said.
- Sunrise Earth: America’s Greatest Sunrises on DVD captures some of the most beautiful morning views from a dozen American ecosystems. From the Gulf of Mexico to the Rocky Mountains, watch the sunrise over land, the sea, and the myriad of creatures who call our planet home.
- History Channel profiles one of America’s greatest leaders as he led the nation through its darkest days in Lincoln His Life and Legacy DVD Set.
- Young Brooklyn Nets fans will love this Beatz T-Shirt that spins style and team spirit.
- Chia Pet meets Duck Dynasty’s Willie, known for a full beard, makes one amazing gift for fans of both cultural phenomenons!
- Glee fans will love the Volume 2 Christmas Album! Get it just in time to fill up their holiday playlist featuring hit holiday songs like “Little Drummer Boy”, “Let It Snow” and “All I Want For Christmas Is You” and much more.
- Make every day bold and venture where no man has gone before. Or at least never miss an appointment with your Star Trek calendar. With pictures capturing some of the most memorable Star Trek scenes and trivia from Star Trek universe, all signs indicate 2013 is looking good!
- Fan of Swamp People or just gators? The Alligator Puppet makes the perfect gift for hours of pretend chomping.
- From the Ice Wall to the Highgarden and east from Pentos to Qarth, Game of Thrones fans will love this Westeros and Essos Map Poster to pinpoint their next strategic move.
- DC Cupcakes Kids’ Apron and Baking Set inspires and arms the young baker on your list with the tools he or she needs in kid size to make the perfect cupcake.
- Did you know that flying fish may be the reason Illinois will re-draw its state borders? Or that cell phone use by Pennsylvania’s Amish affects their state’s shape. How the States Got Their Shapes uncovers the stories behind our states borders. The history lover on your list will get a kick out of this.
- The Medieval Adventure Armor Set invites adventurous creative play and ensures safety should your little one be inspired to get a little medieval on you.
Thanksgiving 15? No thanks! How about top 15 fitness gifts designed to shed extra inches, sculpt and tone muscles, and keep pounds off? Whether you’re shopping for yourself or the self-identified fitness focused, take a cue from these top gift ideas for healthy eating and active lifestyles. From inspirational books and tools to clothing and DVDs, get your Brazilian butt and eat your homemade yogurt, too!
- In Believe It, Be It, Ali Vincent shares her intimate story of personal and physical transformation and details her experience on the hit NBC series Biggest Loser. From weight-loss strategies, eating habits, and workout tips that helped her lose—and keep off—more than 100 pounds, Ali tells all. Her story is inspiring and uplifting!
- Fans of the Biggest Loser and fitness nuts will love Are You Ready! Take Charge, Lose Weight, Get in Shape, and Change Your Life Forever by Bob Harper of The Biggest Loser, shares his prescription for lasting weight loss used on contestants to achieve inspiring results. In addition to weight loss techniques, Harpers addresses the root of negative thought patterns and destructive behaviors and replaces them with self-worth and confidence. Take Charge? Yes, please!
- Making nutritious meals does not have to mean eating bland food! This Herb Savor Mini pod is perfect for your kitchen gadget lover and your fitness freak who loves to incorporate healthful flavorful pizazz to their dishes.
- The active people on your shopping list and fans of the show will love the The Biggest Loser Workout Power Sculpt DVD! Power-training trio Bob, Kim, and Jillian show successful sculpting techniques to increase strength, blast maximum calories and transform bodies in a minimum time for maximum results!
- Preparing produce is a cinch with the Cook Yourself Thin Fresh Produce Prep Set. Fans of the British hit series and Cook Yourself Thin Cookbook and kitchen gadget lovers alike will love this prep kit to help master meal time and trim inches!
- International super star chef Jamie Oliver’s book Food Revolution Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals is just that. Foodies and fitness folks will enjoy his tips on how to cook good food from scratch for the whole family.
- Jillian Michaels, weight loss guru of Biggest Loser, shows you how to Master Your Metabolism in her cookbook with 125 recipes designed to help maintain metabolic hormonal balance and reach health and fitness goals.
- Designed specifically for women using Dynamic Inertia technology, the Shake Weight tones arms, shoulders, and even chest muscles in just six minutes a day without building bulk!
- Built with form-fitting sport leather and closed-cell foam padding for ultimate protection, get your fighter the UFC Ultimate Training Shoe that has the patented training system construction for durability and comfort.
- Professional dancer cum fitness phenomenon, Brazilian Leandro Carvalho designed the Triangle Training Method aka Brazil Butt Lift to attack the major muscles of the gluteus maximus. Gift the best kept secret to achieving a perfect firm and toned Brazilian “bum bum!”
- Ab workouts in half the time with better results? Yes, it’s possible! Trainer Leslee Bender developed the Bender Ball, which makes work outs 408% more effective. Using the ball and Bender’s method of selective stabilization techniques on DVD, immediately target core ab muscles from all sides for beautiful sculpted abs!
- Built to perform and outlast the competition, gift your fighter lady the no frills, all business, knockout TapouT Women’s Performance Bra Top. It’s cute, too.
- UFC’s Twisted Zip Hoodie keeps muscles warmed up and makes a style statement. Made of 100% cotton and featuring a burnout pattern, this piece is the perfect outerwear piece to and from the gym.
- For the homemaker, foodie, or purist, the Euro Cuisine Yogurt Maker is the perfect strategy to a healthful diet, allowing the user to control sweetness, ingredients and fat content. In a matter of 6-8 hours, this economical piece makes up to two quarts of yogurt! What a win-win!
- The Biggest Loser At Home Challenge DVD incorporates strength building, cardio, and flexibility workouts for four weeks of at home fitness instruction, so you can achieve beginner to winner results!
Keep their curiosity and penchant for adventure piqued! Shop toys for kids that will tickle their funny bone and challenge their budding genius. Don’t disappoint their high expectations! These cool gifts for kids from slimy gross science kit to friendship bracelet making looms will be sure to please!
- Kids love learning about the weird and mysterious stuff of science, so spark their intrigue and get them the gross and wonderful Sci-Fi Slime Kit! They’ll be making magnetic slime that glows in the dark and having a blast in the name of education, but don’t tell them that!
- Encourage the next generation of shark lovers! The Shark Eater Hat makes for fun role playing with its silly googly eyes and lots of imaginary jaw clenching. Disclaimer: watch out for feeding time!
- Share the world with kids in a whole new way! With the Discovery Macro Microscope, kids can view the bits and pieces of the life around us through a microscopic lens. This set features a 40x to 400x magnification of prepared slides (including a piece of a 900 year old Peruvian mummy wrap!) and blank ones ready to be filled with their own discoveries.
- Give kids the gift of crafting their own Discovery Friendship Bracelets! They’ll love making bracelets as gifts for their friends and making lasting friendships over crafting parties with these fun bracelet looms.
- This Illuminated Rotating Universe Globe makes any kid room, and parents’ rooms frankly, 90% cooler. By day this globe displays our world’s continents and bodies of water and by night, this globe shows 88 magnificent constellations. Handsome and educational – what a win win!
- Fans of Mythbusters, the Discovery Channel’s hit TV series, will love this science kit for Crashes and Collisions. Kids learn if hidden energy can move a car, test the myth of the heavy weight and race a car! There’s no myth about this kit – it’s for keeps.
- Kids will love this Discovery Fireworks Light Show launcher that makes booming sounds and projects firework effects making them the master of the show!
- Abracadabra! The Ultimate Legends of Magic Kit and DVD Set is the perfect gift for the budding magician. With instructional DVD and all the tools needed, kids can perform magic tricks with a snap of their fingers!
- Future paleontologist? The Discovery T-Rexcavator Game encourages pretend play and imagination as the game challenges kids to find and remove bones without touching sides of the pit, lest they wish to hear a deafening roar!
- Meerkat Manor Season 1 shares a year in the daily lives of the Whiskers family. While they live in South Africa on furry feet, they experience ups and downs, ins and outs, just like the ebb and flow of our own family stories. Share this incredible meerkat adventure with kids for plenty of entertainment and character building!
For those on your shopping list who enjoy the journey of life and not just the destination, give them the gift of discovery and adventure! From the curious chef and mixologist to the star gazers and nature enthusiasts, the Discovery Store offers some amazing finds for the young at heart.
- LED Kitchen Garden – For the farm to table chef extraordinaire, give the gift of year-round fresh herbs, small fruits or vegetables with the LED Kitchen Garden! Green thumb or not, this garden extends the growing season in warm and cold climates. And for the practically minded, this environmentally conscious growing genie can run for about 12 years when operated for 20 hours a day, and grow up to 72 plants at one time, using barely any energy. Go green!
- Moonshine comes out of the still as clear as water, but the practice of moonshining is neither clear cut nor legal in some states! Nevertheless, fans of the show can appreciate the Moonshiners Mason Jar Shaker for its signature vintage kitchen appeal. Any DIYers on your list, whether they make their own pickles and jam to crafts and masterpieces, would love this unique piece in their home.
- Gift the ocean lover on your list the Celestron Oceana Binoculars to make every moment spent on the water a memorable one! While waterproof and specially designed for marine use, it’s also useful for various land based observations with optimal brightness even in low light conditions, like dusk and dawn. Celebrate their love of exploration and appreciation for nature.
- Whether they enjoy watching the show or truly getting their hands dirty, fans will love Dirty Jobs’ LED hat, which makes any task at hand that much more enjoyable with the proper amount of light. Give Dirty Jobs’ fans this handy hat and tool in one and with the press of a button, they’re ready to go without fuss or muss!
- The 4-disc Life series on DVD is the must have for everyone on your list! From the same makers of the fan favorite Planet Earth series, Life examines the amazing survival of plants and animals using super high tech cameras to capture footage in habitats on all of the planet’s continents. Narrated by global media leader and philanthropist Oprah Winfrey, this epic television series Life shows us the spectacular, bizarre, and fantastic journey of all living things.
- For a touch of whimsy and practical utility, this Onyx Globe makes an attractive and clever addition to any space be it the office, library, or living room. Make sure to gift the globe trotter on your list this beautiful piece and be prepared to brush up on country boundaries, capitals, major cities and bodies of water!
- Every card shark needs a set of Shark Week Shark Playing Cards! What would a game of poker be without this deck? It is perfect for game night any time of the year and of course awesome for Shark Week! Your shark lover will love that these cards feature a different image on every card. Go on and take a big chomp out of your holiday shopping!
- Eliminate the possibility of a dull desktop with this MythBusters Jamie + Adam Bobblehead Set! For the Mythbuster fans on your list, gift these bobbleheads that will brighten any space and lift spirits with the press of a button. These guys says things like, “I’m not sure what it’s gonna do, but it looks cool,” “Big boom, big boom, big boom!” and, “Danger is my middle name!” Entertained Mythbuster fan confirmed.
- The perfect gift for the person on your shopping list who stops to look up at the stars is the Orion SpaceProbe 3 Altaz Reflector Telescope! A great user-friendly beginner telescope, this reflector features great optical and mechanical quality and minimal set up and maintenance, so they can enjoy the beautiful night sky.
- Treat your chess and checkers gamer or enthusiast to the Discovery Kingmaster Chess Set! Perfect for travel and play between two players or single player vs. the computer, this gadget also saves games so players can pick up where they left off and practice their game strategy!
- Give the gift of a retro classic with this Purple Orange Designer Lava Lamp! Whether the lava lamp is a throwback for your 60s fanatic or making its modern debut to contemporary fans, it is a crowd pleaser! Updated with a new base, the classic formations of lava oozing and spreading add a relaxing and groovy glow to any space.
Fighter. Survivor. MMA fan? Whether you follow the fighters in the Octagon or just train like one, check out some TapouT and UFC apparel and gear perfect for the whole family this holiday!
2. Embossed with the TapouT logo and some serious studs, this TapouT Dark Eagle Belt takes no guff, making it the perfect accessory for a night out!
3. This Strappy Racerback Tank features highly functional support for training sessions and delivers style. What more could a girl want?
4. This menacing snow-man on this TapouT Frosty Tshirt may unintentionally deter the carolers from singing too long but it’s ok, you got the fighting holiday spirit.
5. Train like you mean it. This TapouT Combat Fleece Pant is durable and comfortable for an intense work out or just kicking back.
6. Ladies may like honey in their tea, but don’t appreciate being called honey on the mat! That said, this vintage UFC Women’s Kickback Crew Sweatshirt in honey is supremely soft and sweet.
7. For an easy and fun cardio workout this UFC Weighted Jump Rope keeps it simple. Ergonomic handles create a comfortable and secure grip. Hop to it.
8. The TapouT Snow Camo Armory Bag is the bag of all bags. Fit to hold all your gear and then some, and attractive, you’ll want to take to the gym or use it for travel on the road. Just try not to lose it in the snow!
9. Boys want to be big and strong like their MMA idols! This TapouT Lightning 2 in 1 shirt keeps the cold out, making it the perfect outfit for winter playtime.
10. TapouT Workout Gloves protect your digits and ensure fingers are securely tucked with leather loop straps. You might even find yourself wearing them on your next grocery run in these cold wintery days!
11. The TapouT Tri Fecta Hoodie makes a wonderful gift for the fighter in these colder months. The comfortable poly blend and colorblocking style make this one a winner.
12. Who said the playpen is all roses? Well in addition to sugar and spice, every girl has the potential to be fierce! Dress little ones in these TapouT Triple Threat Onesies to add the kickbutt factor to little girls’ inherent cuteness.
13. Stretch out. Warm up. Hook a right and a left. You can do this all in the comfort of your home with this UFC folding accordion mat. Light weight and constructed with a simple hook and loop fastener, handling and storage is a breeze.
- Gift the Perfect Tortilla Pan Set so your favorite chef can make every dinner a fiesta.
- For your friends and family who love to deep fry, they never have to batter like an amateur when they can Batter Like a Pro.
- Flex Seal is the homemaker’s problem solver! Cracks and holes don’t stand a chance.
- Forever Comfy lets you transform any seat in your home or vehicle to a comfortable one.
- Furniture Fix provides instant support for renewed firmness in older seats.
- Instahang helps the decorator achieve instant gratification. Say so long to barren walls!
- Give the gift of peace of mind with Riddex PLUS.
- EZ Covers takes tired old seat cushions and makes them like new again.
- Magic Mesh helps keep fresh air in and bugs out for a happy home.
- Make the decorator’s day with the Instahang Extra Refill kit. (See 6.)
- Gift your homemaker extra storage with the Wonder Hanger, which transforms a door into a closet.
- Insulation is a home’s best friend. Give the gift of added warmth and keep the cold out with Twin Draft Guard!
If it weren’t for DVR, you would probably never see your friends or family who can’t get enough of NBC’s Thursday night comedy lineup. Whether it’s 30 Rock, The Office, Parks and Rec, or Community (in the mean time you can catch up on Season 3, and gear up for the glorious return in February. #delayedgratification), they’re hooked and are always trying to get you to tune in for the antics and brouhaha! If you’re hooked, too, then you know what it’s all about! This holiday, give them the toys, mugs, apparel, and or DVDs from their favorite shows. NBC’s Official Store has already taken out the guesswork and assembled a handy holiday gift guide for you, so go on! You might just find something for yourself, too!
1. 2013 The Office Day-to-Day Calendar They’ll never miss an appointment with this handy Office calendar. One of the funniest shows on TV, The Office continues to tear us all up. Share the hilarious moments and more featured in The Office’s 2013 Day-to-Day Calendar and you’ll be sure to land on Santa’s nice list.
2. The Office Dwight Schrute Bobblehead & Worlds Best Boss Mug Set Give them the gift of daily office entertainment to keep the doldrums at bay. What desk is complete without a big Dunder Mifflin mug that proclaims “World’s Best Boss”? Additionally, this set comes with the all-time best seller bobblehead of Dwight Schrute, Dundler Mifflin’s eccentric paper salesman, also known as the most dedicated (maybe too much?) employee and for that reason a favorite office prank target. Exclusive to the NBC Universal Store, these collectible items are a must!
3. The Office Ornament Set Give the gift of cheer and decorating fun with these collectible holiday ornaments from The Office. The set includes Schrute Buck Ornament celebrating America’s favorite funny money; Schrute Farms Beets Ornament: one of many Dwight’s pet projects –beet farming; Dunder MifflinThe Office Sign Ornament – paying homage to America’s favorite workplace.
4. 30 Rock TGS Zip hoodie Who’s the real funny writer for TGS? The lucky recipient of this 30 Rock TGS Zip Hoodie with the logo of TGS Staff on the lapel! If nothing else, your 30 Rock fan will thank you for this comfy cozy hoodie that distinguishes him/her as a devoted fan.
5. 30 Rock Season 5 Give the gift of laughter! Liz Lemon, Jack Donaghy,Tracy Jordan, and Jenna Maroney, will keep the laughs coming with the rest of the misfit crew who strive to create the “magic of television.” This season features video obituaries, cross-dressing love, page showdowns, Canadian births and other strange events in 22 blerg-worthy episodes.
6. Community Holiday Figurines – Set 1, Community Holiday Figurines come at a discounted price when you buy all three. Duncan, Teddy and Britta home make a great gift set for any mantle or desk decor!
7. Community Messenger Bag Treat the academic with a sense of humor on your list to this stylish Community messenger bag. Hip and smart looking, this bag will make any student the envy of all other students and Community fans. Go Human Beings!
8. Community 8 Bit T Shirt Community fans will love this 8 Bit T-Shirt featuring the Greendale Seven in video game form. Give them the gift of journeying to the Center of Hawthorne!
9. Parks and Recreation Li’l Sebastian Plush Everyone loves a plush stuffed animal at the holidays! For your Parks and Rec fanatic, give the as seen on Episode 9, of Season 4, Li’l Sebastian. Not to worry – he doesn’t have diabetes like the Real Thing!
10. Parks and Recreation Ron F***ing Swanson BBQ Sauce and Apron Ron Swanson chokes us up with his deadpan quips and zingers. It’s no wonder that the Parks and Rec personality who says things like “You had me at meat tornado” now has his own Ron F***ing Swanson BBQ Sauce and apron! Treat your meat loving Parks and Rec/Ron Swanson/BBQing friends to this savory zippy BBQ Sauce!